I became a parental figure at 30…to two handsome boys (then 7&11).. And nobody prepared me for what a life with boys was all about. Yeah, they were cute and would say funny things, but really…nobody prepares you to be a parent, let alone to kids part way through their childhood. There was no easing into this as they’ve grown, just all boys, all the time. That’s my life now. What have I learned about life with boys?
* bodily functions and the discussion of them is funny…ALL THE TIME!!
* boys can eat, a lot…ALL THE TIME!!
* boys produce an insane amount of laundry…ALL THE TIME!!
* boys don’t care if they run around partially clothed…ALL THE TIME!!
* boys will talk to you regardless if you are working, on the phone, sleeping, or in the bathroom…ALL THE TIME!!
* you will have a Lego stuck to the bottom of your foot and be stepping over remote control trucks…ALL THE TIME!!
* boys will laugh uncontrollably at the stupidest stuff…ALL THE TIME!!
* you will watch hours of shows about cars, talk about anything with a motor, hear that you “need” anything with a motor ( at least in my house)…ALL THE TIME!
Don’t get me wrong, I love them as if they were my own and can’t imagine a different life, but every once in awhile I wonder what it would be like to have some more estrogen in the house! a