Welcome to another installment of Tasty Tuesday! I’m not one to eat the same thing over and over and over…well, unless it’s a good brownie and milk! But, when it comes to supper, I need something different and I get bored easily! So, last week I tried a new recipe. T is not a huge fan of casseroles as he doesn’t like the heavy cream sauces that most of them have, so when I found this recipe, I thought it might be a keeper! I’ll be calling it Rotel HotDish and no, I didn’t create it on my own, it’s another great Pinterest find!
- 1lb ground beef, browned with 2 cloves garlic & 1 cup chopped onion
- 4oz beef broth
- 8oz tomato sauce
- 3 cups Rotini pasta (uncooked)
- 1tsp Cajun seasoning (I’m going to say optional because I didn’t have any)
- Chili Powder (I added some for a kick since I didn’t have the Cajun seasoning)
- 1cup cheddar cheese
- 1 can Rotel (or regular diced tomatoes)
Brown your hamburger and boil your pasta. Then, stir everything together. The original recipe called for the cheese to be put on top and I did that, but both T and I agreed that it should be stirred in next time. (He doesn’t care for cheese as a topping too much).
This casserole comes together fast and cooks up bubbly and hot. It’s filling without having a heavy cream sauce. T has already eaten all the leftovers, so I know I’ll be making it again! ENJOY!